Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Like...Ya'll need to join us...Dude, in our journey from Coastal California to the Deep South!

Well, I couldn't be more excited to be in North Carolina...I guess in some ways I have waited my whole life to be here.  People here find it so obvious that we are from California.  However, my whole life I was asked if I was from the south.  Of course, I proudly said "well all my family are from Kentucky!"  Yes, they are... as a child I remember visiting twice.  My Great Grandpa Grant Creech...I remember him fondly, sitting on the front porch of a very humble home, whittling, where he and my Great Grandma, Pearl Creech raised twelve children in a two bedroom home with an outhouse out back.  There was a little creek to the left side of the house where black berrries grew.  Then there was my Grandpa, Louis Miller..."Papa"  The greatest man I ever knew...He worked in the coal mines...I don't ever remember him telling me he loved me, but I never felt so loved by any man...he fixed every problem I had, he made everything okay for me.  In his own way...a man with very little formal education made my world and made me feel so loved...No man ever lived up to him until I meet my husband, Gunnery Sergeant, Joseph Restivo.

No comments:

Post a Comment