Monday, January 16, 2012

Jan. 16th, 2012

It has been a bitter sweet week...one filled with unspeakable joy...and one filled with incredible pain.

 The day before my 47th birthday...my two daughter's and son in law made me an incredibly delicious dinner.  Which started with a very unexpected present...one that changed our world.  One that well... made everything in the world okay, again.

 I had dreamed and fantisized about this day.  I was handed a very pretty gift bag...and my son in law was like a 5 year old on Christmas day...I was so anxious to open it because their excitement was so over the top they were actually jumping up and down.  I was dumbfounded.  I usually know what is going on in my family!

 I open up the gift bag ...to find a zales gift box...one that looked like there would be a bracelet in it.   I am not a jewelry person...  I kinda thought it was a gag gift.  So I opened the box...it was a pregnancy test...a positive pregnancy test!

 I didn't get it... I stood there and I stood there...then it hit me...my baby was going to have a baby!  I grabbed my face and then the tears started to flow...and wouldn't stop.  The day I had dreamed of for so long...more inportantly the day my little girl had dreamed of...finally.  But in reality...so soon.  She is only 21, and has been married for one year...just like me.  Married at 20, my first baby at 22.   All of us, could not get this stupid smile off of our face and we were all sooo silly and happy.

 The next day, Hunter, the father, our son in law, LCCP Hogan of the USMC deployed...following in the footsteps of both of their families... went to fight for his country.

 Yesterday, early afternoon the ambulance came and took my little girl to hospital...

It was confirmed today...she had a miscarriage.
I only wish I could take away there pain...but I know God can, and He will replace it with joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment