Monday, January 9, 2012

Being present in the moment... A very popular statement...nice thought but!
If I was present for every moment...I would have slit my wrist or killed someone.  Honestly, if I was completely present for every moment it
just wouldn't be good.  In my older age, I have learned to remove myself...go somewhere else mentally at times.  Believe me it is for the best...makes me calmer, I don't react till much later or at all.  Really! try it...I think you might like it ; )  For instance, when your 8 year old has asked you what your name is for the 6th time in 5 minutes.  When your husband and daughter are antagonizing each other and you would swear they were brother and sister.  When you are waiting in line and the cashier is giving her review on each product being purchased by the customer ahead of you.  I could go on but I am sure you get it.  So join me in being somewhere else for some of those moments.  There are plenty left to be present for but by all means be choosy...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment